The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How does one become sore after splashing around in a pool?

Who ever invented this "deep water aerobics" concept, anyway?  Sadist!  You took a fun activity like playing in the pool, and turned it into work.  I was expecting to be tired when I got home lastnight -- and I was -- but soreness the next day?  Completely unacceptable.

I must admit, however, that I'm proud of myself for starting this.  I even posted on Facebook about the project and, to keep myself honest, started this blog.  As any of my friends will tell you, I'm a chick who takes obligation seriously.  So folks, this has become my way to force myself to stick with it.  The class runs from lastnight to the end of August, two nights per week.  Hopefully, by August, I'll be able to update my profile picture to a more trim version of me which will be incentive to stick with it in the fall.  I know Rome wasn't built in a day (frankly, nor was my current body shape), but it's a start.

Now I'm dragging my sore, sorry butt up to a warm Epsom salts bath and bed.  Tomorrow = Class 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment