The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend of family fun...

6/25-26/2011

We spent a lot of time at the Community Pool, as expected.  The lap pool that my daughter so adorably pointed out is, indeed, adults-only.  Dang!  I had absolutely no excuse NOT to dive in and do a few, right?  All I can say is:  oh my goodness, I was winded by four laps!  Okay, so they told me it was a "competition sized" pool, whatever that means.  Four laps doesn't seem like enough to turn me into a gasping wall-hanger.  But, alas, it was.  So, now laps are on the menu for this summer. 

So, now the bad part.  I have to admit that I slipped on the diet part of my quest for fitness.  We went to a Phillies game on Saturday.  Hey, what's a baseball game without a hotdog and a beer?  I know I shouldn't have done it, but my hubby got the tix before I began this journey and...well, I'm weak.  I was able to avoid the crabby fires with cheese sauce though, so there's that.

All in all, sunburn and guilt over the baseball goodies...so worth it!  Tomorrow = Day 3 of DWA hillarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment