The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Other possible methods of torture?

There is something about getting out of the house for an hour a couple of nights a week!  Chuck has been amazingly supportive this week -- even claiming to be proud of me for starting the DWA.  So, thought I'm not really ready to join the Mall Walkers (sorry DWA Old Guard!), I have been scanning the other exercise classes that are being offered at the Y.  Although I'm quite obviously not Esther Williams, I am fairly coordinated on dry land, so yoga may be something I can handle.

Truth be told, I took a yoga class about a year ago.  About 4 lessons in, I found out that it was a form of yoga that was meant to be done in a very hot room (for whatever reason) called Bikram.  I found this out after lesson four, or what I call Melt Down Day.  In short, 3/4 of the way through class, I staggered out of the class to the locker room where I literally threw myself under a cool shower, clothes and all, panting like a dog and in desperate need of an IV of Ringers lactate.  Is it any wonder that this put me off yoga? 

However, I once worked with a young girl who became a yoga fanatic.  The whole time I we worked together, Cupcake was always an attractive girl with a nice figure.  Then she took up running and yoga and, what was once nice, went through the roof!  Now, let's be honest -- getting hooked on running is NOT going to happen at this stage in the game -- but yoga done in a temperate climate may deserve another look...

No comments:

Post a Comment