The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fun in the Sun

7/9/2011

Lap pool, you mock me!  Sitting there with your glistening water, just daring me to dive in.  Ah, but what then?  Then I'll have to actually swim laps rather than dip and dive under the water and have fun.  Work?  It's the second-to-last-day of my vacation week.  I won't do it, I say, I won't....  Ha, ha, ha, ha....

And then, I woke up.  I knew it wouldn't take long for the kids to remember the Community Pool once we got back in town.  Surprisingly, they didn't start talking about it until we had unpacked and I was on load 3 of laundry yesterday.  Equally surprising was my husband's and my enthusiasm to go back as well.  Bo, our son, was off on a mountain adventure with his grandparents, so it was just the girls.  We all suited up and headed over.

I've had to take an antibiotic in the last few days, so I had to watch out for the sun.  Sunscreen with an SPF of 50 did the trick.  My hubby is super-diligent in slathering it on himself (since he's a fair-skinned redhead) and the girls.  Now, Jojo already has a base tan and I think it's because she's such a waterbug that any sunscreen is, inevitably, diluted.  Lilo and Koko, however, share their dad's issues with the sun and we have to watch both of them carefully. 

That being said, we all had a ball.  And, yes, I even got some exercise in the meantime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment