The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Monday, July 25, 2011

Inordinately Proud

Wow!  It was definitely HARD to drag my lazy butt off the couch and to the Y tonight.  I am just recovering from another MS relapse and want to do nothing more than lay around and lick my wounds.  Chuck took the kids to get haircuts and I stretched out on the couch.  Oh so comfy!  I'm really not usually a couch potato, so they were all shocked to come home and find me dozing.  Of course, the kids wanted me to stay home and read, watch magic tricks, chit-chat, etc., etc.  But Chuck was giving me that look that said, "You know you'll feel guilty!" and he was right.  I would have stewed for a couple of hours, feeling bad about myself for not going to DWA.  So...I heaved myself up, got into my suit and headed out.

Guess what?  It was one of the best session yet.  Maybe I should run late more often.  I didn't even have time to think about anything because they were just getting started when I walked into the pool area.  I grabbed a noodle and water weights and jumped right in, mid-routine.  The Old Guard all asked how I was feeling, which was nice.  Even Smiley, the Monday instructor, noticed that I slipped in the back row and gave me a thumbs up.  Wow!  It was nice to be missed, noticed and asked after.  I used that good feeling to bounce and bop through the rest of the routines and kept up without a problem.

I'm super-glad that I went to DWA tonight.  All in all, it was just what I needed to get back to the "land of the living."  Yeah, it would have felt good to get some extra rest, but it felt better to get some exercise.  Believe me, I'm the most suprised at this revelation.  Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment