The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just say no to the eliptical trainer!

In a moment of what can only be termed "temporary insanity," I had the brilliant idea that I could, on Tuesdays, use the eliptical trainer in the Y fitness center before picking the kids up from daycamp.  Uh...yeah, that was decidedly NOT a good idea!  If I felt uncoordinated and buffoonish during the first DWA sessions, this experience kicked it up to a whole new level.  Remember Bill Murray in "Lost in Translation?"  Uh-huh...you got it.  I was sweating like a racehorse, chugging like a steam train and laughing like a hyena to the point where a trainer actually came by to help me dismount.  OMG -- I don't know when I'll be showing my face anywhere near the fitness center again.  In fact, I believe I will be donning a bag over my head when entering the Y anytime in the next few days.

Fresh from that humiliation, I picked the kids up only to have my son ask me what was wrong with me.  He actually was concerned enough to ask if I needed help out to the car and took my arm.  If I wasn't touched by the sweetness, I would have cuffed him acrossed the head!  I though exercise was supposed to give one a healthy glow?  Apparently, not in my case.

So, just as I was feeling good about my performance in yesterday's DWA and confident enough to try something new, reality brings me back to Earth with a thump.  Grrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment