The ruminations of an almost-46 year old, overweight wife and mom.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...what the hell happened?

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fun in Niagara Falls

7/2/2011

It's officially family vacation time.  We headed out this morning and drove for seven hours with only one stop for lunch.  My husband is a trooper -- he knows that I don't like to drive and that sustained driving tires me out so he took on the task and never asked for me to spell him!  The cottage that we rented is adorable and we're really lookig forward to enjoying the area.

Have no fear, however, the quest for fitness knows no vacation.  We are within walking distance to the public beach on Lake Ontario and there is a great hiking trail nearby through a NY State park that I'm going to explore.  We're also planning on doing the usual sightseeing in the area and I'm especially looking forward to Old Fort Niagara.  Have I mentioned that I"m a bit of a history geek?

I'll be checking in with various fun, but maybe not nightly this week.  I hear some fireworks and am going to take a walk to try to find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment